NOTE TO OUR CLIENTS: PLEASE READ THIS ANTI- SPAM POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING ANY SERVICES AVAILABLE AT TEXTP2P.COM (THE “SITE”). IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS ANTI-SPAM POLICY, DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
TextP2P has a zero tolerance policy for unsolicited text messages, emails, and ringless voicemail messages.
Our Definition of Spam
We consider any unsolicited, unexpected, bulk, indiscriminate, or unwanted text message, phone call or email to be spam. We do NOT allow use of 3rd party lists, whether consent has been gathered or not. We believe that any type of communication sent to a subscriber about an unrelated subject, that the subscriber did not request, to be spam, whether or not for a commercial purpose.
- TEXTP2P CLIENTS AGREE THEY WILL NOT USE CONTACTS’ INFORMATION FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN THOSE RELATED TO THE SERVICES AND AS OTHERWISE DESCRIBED IN COMPANY’S PRIVACY NOTICE, AND ANY PERMISSION OBTAINED FROM A CONTACT MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANIZATION.
- Client must abide by TextP2P’s anti-spam requirements, which comply with the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
- Client must determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws apply to you based on the country where your business is located, and comply with those laws.
- Client must determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws apply to you based on the country where your contacts or customers are located, and comply with those laws.
- Customer represents and warrants that Customer has complied with all notice, disclosure, consent, and other requirements imposed by applicable Laws prior to uploading information about a Contact to Customer’s Account. Customer further represent and warrants that Customer shall comply with the Terms of Service, and all applicable Laws in connection with Customer’s use of the Services.
Contact Information. Each email must clearly and accurately identify the individual or organization that authorized the sending of the email (“Authorizing Party”). This means that if a TextP2P Client is sending messages on behalf of an Authorizing Party, the Authorizing Party must be identified. To the extent required by law, identification must include the correct legal name of the Authorizing Party, a registered business number, legitimate physical address, and contact details. All identification information should remain valid for at least 30 days after the email is sent.
Opt Out. TextP2P Clients must ensure that all emails sent through their Customer Account contain an “unsubscribe” link, that: (1) allows Contacts to instantly and permanently remove themselves from the applicable Customer List, (2) presents unsubscribe instructions in a clear and conspicuous way, and (3) remains operational for a period of 30 days after sending the email. Our Clients must monitor, correct, and process unsubscribe requests immediately and ensure that Users do not remove, disable or attempt to remove or disable such link. Our Clients understands that instead of using the opt-out link provided, some Contacts may use other means to submit a request to Customer to opt them out. In such cases, Customer agrees to unsubscribe any such Contact manually, by changing the Contact’s mailing status to “opt-out” using the tools provided inside Customer’s Account within 10 business days from the opt-out request.
Other Required Information. Client shall ensure that communications sent through their Account are truthful and subject lines that are in no way false or misleading as to the nature of the content contained in the email.
Prohibited Uses. There are some list collection methods, sending practices, and models of business which are irreconcilably at odds with TextP2P’s permission policy or which represent untenable risk to the reputation of our sending infrastructure. Clients shall not:
- mail to Distribution Email Addresses, emails addresses copied or scraped from the internet (or to Contact email addresses otherwise programmatically obtained from any physical or electronic source); newsgroups, purchased, loaned, or rented lists;
- mail to any Contacts obtained from a third party (unless such third party specifically obtained Permission from the Contact for Customer to mail them);
- mail to co-promotion lists, where more than one potential sender is given access to email addresses collected without the recipient’s willful, sender-specific consent;
- use the Transactional Email Feature to send non-Transactional Messages to Contacts unless you have Permission to do so;
- use the Services to administer illegal contests, pyramid schemes, or conduct any illegal activities; and
- take known demographic information and append it to information Customer obtains from a third party for the purpose of emailing an individual who has not otherwise provided Permission in compliance with this Anti-Spam Policy.
Anti-Spam Policy Enforcement
On our terms and conditions agreement, our Clients specifically agree NOT to use TextP2P to send unsolicited text messages, email, or Spam. Upon incorporating a list, Clients agree on the Opt-In only policy to their list. All text messages sent using TextP2P can be tracked and so removed from the sender list. We support STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, or QUIT. Clients have the ability to remove mobile numbers. TextP2P maintains an Opt-Out list that restricts our Clients from adding a mobile number to their list that has been previously Opted-Out, and a global block list. If we suspect a violation of our Anti-Spam policy, we will contact the Client and discuss the Client options, which may range from a warning, to suspension and/or termination of service for that Client. To the best of our knowledge, our system adheres to all state and national laws regarding sending unsolicited bulk / group text messages.
TextP2P Clients are responsible for ensuring that email campaigns do not generate a number of abuse complaints in excess of industry norms. As determined by TextP2P and in our sole discretion, the Company may immediately suspend Client’s Account that does not implement remediation measures in accordance with our recommendations within thirty (30) days of Company’s notification to Client until the issue is resolved or until the end of the period specified by the contract.
Right to Terminate. Company may, in its sole discretion, remove any Customer Content, suspend, or terminate (without refund) Customer’s use of the Services for any actual breach of this Anti-Spam Policy at any time. For clarity, removal, suspension, or termination pursuant to this clause will not terminate Customer’s obligation to pay fees owed to TextP2P.
To the Public
TextP2P follows an ANTI-SPAM policy for all of its communications protocols. This means that we do not condone UNSOLICITED TEXT MESSAGES, NOTIFICATIONS, ALERTS, OR ANY MESSAGES THAT YOU MAY RECEIVE FROM SOMEONE WHO SHOULD NOT HAVE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER OR UNSOLICITED EMAILS FROM SOMEONE WHO SHOULD NOT HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. Please let us know about any abuse or violations of inappropriate use of our service. Contact us with your comments/complaints, including the sender’s phone number, your mobile number (to be removed); the date and time you received it and the contents of the message. If you have clicked “unsubscribe” or otherwise alerted our client of your wish to opt out of emails but are still receiving them, forward unwanted emails to us. Your report will be registered and the Client will be investigated for violations of our Anti-Spam Policy. The identity of any individual reporting abuse will be kept confidential. Our Clients must adhere to any and all applicable Laws regulating the transmission of electronic messages, including Anti-Spam Laws.
Our email service may only be used to send messages to verified opt-in subscriptions and each message must include an UNSUBSCRIBE LINK. Likewise, our text messaging system service may only be used to send messages to verified opt-in subscriptions. Further, it is designed so that all subscribers can opt-out quickly, easily, and permanently from unwanted messages. This is done by simply replying to any message one of our Clients sent to you with the word STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, or QUIT.
Spam and Abuse Report
You may also contact TextP2P directly if you wish to remove yourself from any list. Please email us at [email protected] with a STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, or QUIT in the subject line. Please include your mobile phone number or applicable email address so that we know which contact information to remove, and let us know which the originating phone number or email address. You also may reply to the text message you received by replying and typing in any of these keywords: STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, or QUIT or click the UNSUBSCRIBE link in the email. If we find that our anti-SPAM policy has been violated, we may terminate violator’s account.
The Services provide API Calls (“Calls”) to facilitate certain account activities without relying on the Service’s main application interface. These Calls are governed by the same policies set forth herein. The Customer and its Users shall not use the API to circumvent Company’s efforts to facilitate Permission- based sending via the Services. Company may dictate, in its sole discretion, permissible use of the API and Calls. Any improper use of the API, as solely determined by Company, will be grounds for immediate termination of Customer’s account.
Changes to this Policy
TextP2P may amend this Anti-Spam Policy at any time by publishing a new version on this website. If you have any questions about this Policy, please email us at [email protected].