Last Updated: October 31, 2022
- Information We Collect
TextP2P collects limited personal information from individuals who visit our Website or use our Services. Specifically, we have collected the following categories of information in the preceding 12 months, and we may collect some or all the following categories of information when you visit our Website, access our Services, or provide this information to us:
- Identifiers – Examples are your name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, and similar identifiers.
- Commercial information – Examples include records and history of products or services purchased or considered.
- Financial information – Examples include credit card numbers or other payment information.
- Internet or other electronic activity information – Examples include statistical information about your use of our services.
- Professional or employment information – Examples include the name of your company or employer.
Sensitive Personal Information
“Sensitive Personal Information” is non-public personal information that reveals:
- A consumer’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.
- A consumer’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.
- A consumer’s precise geolocation.
- A consumer’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership.
- The contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication.
- A consumer’s genetic data.
TextP2P does not collect and therefore does not sell or share Sensitive Personal Information.
TextP2P uses the following criteria to determine whether or not to retain personal information in our possession. Specifically, we may retain personal information:
- to fulfill our lawful business obligations to our customers;
- to comply with legal requirements, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, and subpoenas;
- to test and evaluate the performance and reliability of our Website and Services;
- to test and evaluate the security and reliability of our Website and Services;
- to detect and correct security vulnerabilities or intrusions; and
- to detect and correct violations of our Acceptable Use Policy and other abusive and unpermitted uses of our Website or Services.
- How We Collect Personal Information
TextP2P uses common information-gathering tools such as cookies, web beacons, pixels and other similar tracking technologies to automatically collect information as you navigate our websites, your account or when you interact with emails we sent to you. We may also collect personal information that you send to us.
A cookie is a piece of data contained in a very small text file that is stored in your browser or elsewhere on your hard drive. Cookies allow us to identify your device when you visit our Website or use our Services. This makes navigating and interacting with our Websites and Services more efficient, secure, and meaningful for you.
By themselves, cookies do not identify you specifically. Rather, they recognize your web browser. So, unless you identify yourself specifically to TextP2P, like signing into your account, we don’t know who you are just because you visited our Website.
TextP2P uses both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies are cookies that disappear from your computer or browser when you turn off your computer. Persistent cookies stay on your computer even after you’ve turned it off. Persistent cookies are required for our Website and Services to function correctly. We are careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies.
How to Control & Delete Cookies
Using Your Browser. You can use your browser settings to opt out of Functional Cookies and Advertising Cookies. For more information on how to do that, click here. To manage privacy and storage settings for flash cookies, click here.
Do Not Track. Some browsers allow a “do not track” (DNT) setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser will send a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug-in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing and stop tracking your activity. To set up DNT, you can visit the All About DNT page. Please note that this may impact the functionality of our Websites and Services because they are not designed to respond to DNT requests.
Global Privacy Control. Global Privacy Control (GPC) is a technical specification that you can use to inform websites of your privacy preferences in regard to ad trackers. To set up GPC, you can visit the Global Privacy Control page. Please note that this may impact the functionality of our Websites and Services.
Opting out of Advertising Cookies. To learn more about how to opt out of targeting and advertising cookies, you can go to the Your Online Choices page, the Network Advertising Initiative page, and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice page. These opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not TextP2P. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
TextP2P also uses web beacons to gather data about your use of our websites, your account, and how you interact with emails we have sent to you. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of data on your computer, like when you view a particular website tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website tied to the web beacon. Additionally, we may put web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to a TextP2P website. We use web beacons to operate and improve our websites and email communications to you.
Information You Provide
- Why We Collect Personal Information
TextP2P uses personal information to operate and improve our Website and Services. Moreover, we use personal information to improve our services, develop new features, and to make our Website and Services more useful to visitors and customers. More specifically, we may use the personal information in our possession:
To perform the services requested. For example, if you fill out a “Contact Me” form on our Website, we will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in our Services.
For our marketing purposes. For example, we may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your interest in our Services or to send you information about our Services.
To send account updates. We may contact you by text, email, or phone calls for the purpose of answering your questions or to share important account information and alerts.
To use anonymized data for advertising. We may use anonymized aggregated data from any source for targeted advertising purposes.
To fulfill our legitimate Business Purposes. By our “Business Purposes,” we mean that we may use personal information to:
- understand who our customers and potential customers are and their interests in TextP2P’s product and services;
- manage our relationship with you and other customers;
- carry out core business operations such as accounting, filing taxes, and fulfilling regulatory obligations; and
- help detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents, fraud and other abuse or misuse of our products and services.
- Sharing of Information Collected
We may share the following information for our Business Purposes (with telephony operators, communications providers, and so on):
- Commercial information
- Financial information
- Internet or other electronic activity information
- Geolocation information
- Professional or employment information
We may share personal information with third-party service providers or others who need access to the data to perform their work on our behalf. For example, we may store personal information on third-party servers. Additionally, TextP2P may share contact information that Website visitors or our customers have provided to our agents so that these agents can contact you on our behalf. We do not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their advertising purposes.
Our Security Measures
We use appropriate security measures to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the personal information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We also take measures to ensure service providers that process personal data on our behalf also have appropriate security controls in place.
Please note that no service is completely secure. While we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or a data breach will never occur.
How We Use Personal Information for Security Purposes
We may collect and use personal information to detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents, fraud, or abuse and misuse of our Website or Services. In addition, we may use personal information to debug, troubleshoot, or investigate security incidents; to detect and prevent spam or fraudulent activity; and to detect and prevent network exploits and abuse. We may also monitor text message content to detect spam, fraudulent activity, and violations of our Acceptable Use Policy. We may also anonymize personal information and use it for our legitimate business needs.
- Public Forums and Social Media
TextP2P may provide social media fan pages, online bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on our Website or in connection with our Services. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and they may use that information to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
- Communications Preferences
TextP2P, LLC offers Customers and Visitors who provide contact information a way to choose how we communicate with them. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to [email protected].
Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us or our Services.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- California Consumer Access and Deletion Rights
For those customers that would like more information about our use of personal information, you have the ability to request:
- that we provide details about the categories of personal information that we collect about you, including how we collect and share it;
- that we provide you access to the personal information we collect about you;
- that we delete or correct the personal information we have about you;
Additionally, you have the ability to request:
- to opt out of the sale of their personal information (TextP2P does not sell the personal information in our possession to third parties);
- to not be discriminated against for exercising their data privacy rights; and
- to designate an authorized agent to make data privacy requests on their behalf.
Submitting a Verified Request Related to Your Personal Information
If you have any questions or requests regarding your personal information, please email TextP2P at [email protected]. You do not have to be from California to make this request.
Please be aware that when you ask us for these things, we will take steps to verify that you are authorized to make the request. Specifically, we will request that you provide: (1) proof that you own the email address or account associated with your request; (2) at our discretion, proof that you are the person who owns the email address or account associated with your request (such as a copy of your government-issued photo ID); and (3) if you are an authorized agent, a written copy of agency agreement or similar proof of agency.
If you would like to appeal a decision we have made regarding the handling of your personal information, please email us at [email protected] and include “Personal Information Appeal” in the subject line.
We do not knowingly collect or sell any personal information directly from children under the age of 16. You agree not to use our Website or Services if you are under the age of 16.
- Contacting Us
1019-B Edwards Ferry Rd. #1040
Leesburg VA 20176