Whether you’re a product- or service- based business, there’s always a need for reminders. From informing customers about upcoming sales to notifying clients about upcoming appointments, reminders are a great way to connect with your consumer base. And, what better way to do that than through text! With a 98% open rate, text messages are sure to get your message to where it needs to go.
Not sure where to start though? Take a look at our suggestions for reminder messages. First though, keep reading to hear out tips and tricks for templates!
Table of Contents
Tips and Tricks
Before we get to the templates, there’s one question that needs answering. How do I use these templates? It’s simple, here’s how:
- Fill out all the required fields listed in the Fields section at the bottom of this article. Also, fill out any fields that seem relevant to the message you want to send. For helpful information on each field, hover over the boxes and tool tips will come up!
- Click the red Update button to fill out all the templates with the information you entered.
- Find the template that best suits the message you need to send.
- Double check that the template makes sense and conveys the message you want. You might have to make some additional edits even after updating. If so, just click on the box and edit away!
- Click the red button under the template box labeled “Copy Text”. An alert should pop up letting you know the message has been copied!
- Open up your TextP2P account and create a new direct text message or text message campaign. For more information on how to do that, check out this blog post.
- Finally, Ctrl + V or right click + Paste to paste in the template!
❔ Did you know that you can save templates in your TextP2P account to reuse later? It’s easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Open up your account and navigate to the Message Templates page (Main to Text Messaging to Message Templates).
- Click the green Create Template button and fill out all the fields. You can copy and paste one of the templates from this article into the Text Message Body field!
- Click the blue Create button!
Now, whenever you want to use the template, simply click the two squares icon under the Text Message Body field and select your template. TextP2P will automatically fill out the body based on the template!
You can do so much with templates! Here are a couple more tips for your business text messaging:
- Want to make your message more formal? All the templates below start with “Hi [customer name]” but try adding honorifics like “Mr.,” “Mrs.,” or “Mx.” for a slightly more professional tone.
- Want to make your message more fun? Try adding emojis! Copy and paste from sites like getemoji.com or use a built-in emoji keyboard on your computer. But, make sure that the tone you are trying to convey matches the emojis you choose.
Now, the moment you’ve been waiting for. Without further ado, here are 18 templates for business reminder messages!
Templates for Product-Based Businesses
Whether you’re an in-store retailer or e-commerce store, reminders are perfect for getting the word out about your promotions! After all, 75% of customers want to receive offers via text. To learn more about how text marketing can help your business, check out these blog articles: for retailers, for restaurants, for realtors, and for other small businesses.
Text reminders aren’t just great for promotions, though. They’re also helpful for updating customers on their orders. “Receiving order status and confirmations” ranks as the second-top SMS message type that customers like to receive–second only to “updates on their shipping tracking for products.”
Buy One, Get One
Spend for Discount
Spend for Free Shipping
Shipped and Tracking
Templates for Service-Based Businesses
Whether you’re a hairstylist or medical professional, reminders are great for reminding customers about upcoming appointments–and for following up with them afterwards. A survey from MediaPost found that 75% of millennials find text reminders helpful. “Scheduling reminders” is also the third-most SMS message type that customers like to receive. To learn all about appointment reminders, be sure to check out this blog article!
Appointment Reminder Templates
Cancel or Reschedule
Appointment Follow-Up Templates
❕ Tip: For customer information, you can make use of TextP2P’s personalization fields to ensure that your message applies to multiple customers. Input “[FIRSTNAME]” into the Customer Name box, and TextP2P will automatically change each message in a texting campaign to include each contact’s first name. See the rest of the personalization fields and learn more with this Zendesk article!
💬 Update: We’ve added nine more personalization fields with the release of our Visual Calendar feature! Visit this Zendesk article to learn more about the fields and this blog post to learn more about the release.
❕ New: Click the Personalize button to automatically insert any available personalization fields.
There you have it, 18 templates for reminder messages! Hopefully they were helpful, but if you’re not satisfied just yet, you can always generate infinite suggestions with aiD, TextP2P’s artificial intelligence tool powered by ChatGPT. To learn all about it, check out this blog post! Thanks and have a good one!